How to Pick the Perfect Stroller
Shopping for a stroller can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Let us help you with these five tips for selecting a stroller!
1. Longevity. When purchasing a stroller, try to think long-term. After all, this is a big purchase that should last many years! Will you, or do you already, have more than one child? If yes, you’ll want to buy a stroller that grows with your family! The Austlen™ Entourage® stroller expands in one second from a single to a double with the simple slide of a button. You can stroll with two infant car seats, two stroller seats, or the Sit + Stand for older kids, making it the first and last stroller you’ll ever need.
2. Storage Capacity. With babies comes a lot of stuff – and we mean A LOT. Diapers, wipes, changes of clothes, bottles, toys, pacifiers, sunscreen, bug spray, snacks, the list goes on and on. You need to have some place to put all their stuff, plus yours! And what about when you want to go grocery shopping? Nobody wants to put their baby in a dirty shopping cart or take up all your cart space with your infant car seat, so look for a stroller that can replace the cart. The Austlen Entourage includes a stylish market tote that can hold up to 35 lbs. of cargo and features a parent console that can hold your wallet, phone, tablet, keys…a ton of stuff! The lower storage basket can hold up to 65 lbs., so it’s perfect for your larger items. All together the Austlen Entourage can hold up to 150 lbs. of kids plus cargo – the highest storage capacity of any stroller on the market. And you’ll never wish you had that grocery cart’s turning radius again! Doing a Target or Costco run? The Entourage cargo bag accessory has you covered.
3. Fits with your Lifestyle. You need a stroller that suits your lifestyle. Do you like to go to the park? Do you envision traveling with your little one? What about the zoo or Disney? You need to find a stroller that can handle long outings or trips through the airport. With the ability to load up your luggage or a cooler on the lower storage basket, the Entourage allows you and your family to get out of the house and have fun! And with a from-birth rating, the Entourage’s seat fully reclines for those much-needed naps on longer outings. If you’re a city dweller, you know that your stroller really needs to double as a vehicle. Add our cargo bag and take your laundry to the laundromat, or head to Whole Foods and grab your groceries for the week. Live in the suburbs? Just pop your Entourage into your trunk and head to the pool or your kids’ sporting events, then throw everything onto the stroller once you’re there. And don’t forget the beach – Austlen even makes dual-surface beach wheels for pulling the Entourage through the sand with ease!
4. Double Duty. Many people choose a single stroller for their first child only to be dismayed when they realize upon having their second child that they now have to buy a double stroller, so if you plan on growing your family someday, find a stroller that converts to a double. The Austlen Entourage is a great example, because it easily converts to a double. And while many doubles are side-by-side, which can be cumbersome for maneuvering through doorways, the Entourage is a tandem, meaning you can move down those aisles or sidewalks with ease. The Entourage is even twin friendly, so you can snap both infant car seats in! Once your oldest is feeling done with stroller seats, you still have the Sit+Stand option, because even big kids get tired too!
5. Weight. You need to think about what you’ll be using your stroller for. If you’ll be doing a lot of lifting or walking up and down flights of stairs, a lightweight stroller might be your best option. But most of us only pick up our stroller a couple times a day, and instead need something that performs well when using it and is comfortable for our children on long outings. We also need something that’s easy to get in and out of the car and folds up small enough to fit inside a trunk or out of the way in an apartment or garage. The Austlen Entourage features an arm’s width apart design for easy lifting. Better yet, its special design allows you to stand it up when folded so you can wheel it into the back of your car without even needing to lift it! Need even more space? All of the Entourage wheels are quick release at the touch of a button, so you can just pop them off to make extra room!
We hope these tips helped you with your stroller shopping! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your little one, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Austlen family.